|Honors and Accolades
Rankings Testify Our Success
- The National Board of Accreditation has renewed the ACCREDITATION status of PGDM of SCMS-COCHIN for another FIVE YEARS.
- SCMS-COCHIN is declared as VERY BEST institution and awarded one of the HIGHEST EVER SCORE that can be given to an institution.
- SCMS-COCHIN was the 9th B.School in India to get accreditation way back in 2002 and is the only accredited B.School in Kerala. For an accredited B.School the AICTE GUARANTEES quality physical and academic infrastructure, quality of faculty, teaching and learning facilities, industry-institution interaction, capacity to take up research to add to the body of knowledge of innovative management education, financial resources etc. to attract quality conscious students.
- The association of Indian Universities (AIU), Govt. of India, has recognized PGDM of SCMS-COCHIN as equivalent to MBA of Indian Universities. SCMS-COCHIN is the 8th autonomous business school in the country to have this rare distinction. PGDM students of SMS-COCHIN can apply for jobs for which MBA is a qualification.
- AICTE found SCMS-COCHIN an institution of proven track record for excellence and provided substantial financial assistance to add more facilities in 1998. SCMS-COCHIN is the only business school to get a grant for excellence from AICTE.
- SMS-COCHIN is the first business school in India to get ISO certification for QUALITY TEACHING SYSTEM IN MANAGEMENT, and is still certified under ISO 9001:2008 by RINA.
- SCMS is in candidacy for international accreditation by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programmes (ACBSP), USA.
Awards and Accolades
- In a detailed survey of all the 2650 business schools in the country, the ‘Business India’ has indentified SCMS-COCHIN as a top B.School of India and as:
- The Best Business School in Kerala
- The Third Best Business School in South India
- 25th Best Nationally Among 4325 B.Schools
- 13th Best In Intellectual Capital
- 9th Best among the B.Schools that have come up after 1990.
- In a similar survey ‘Business Today’ found SCMS-COCHIN as:
- The 9th Best Business School in South India and one among the best 31 Business Schools in India.
Winner of Awards For Excellence
- HLL, the largest multinational corporation in India, has identified SCMS as a Top Business School – Hindustan Lever Ltd (1998).
- Found teaching and training system at SCMS-COCHIN highly industry relevant – ‘The Week’ news magazine (1998).
- Outlook magazine has rated SCMS as the 34th Best in Placement and Ranked 32nd Best in total quality.
- SCMS is also identified as one among the best 51 post 1990 B.Schools in India.
- Outlook survey (2002) with an intake capacity of 330 in all, SCMS-COCHIN is the largest business school in the autonomous self financing sector in India.
- SCMS-COCHIN has been ranked number seven among top Ten B-Schools in South India and number two in Kerala- The New Indian Express.
- SCMS-COCHIN received The Star News National B-School Award for implementing industry related curriculum for management studies.
- ASIA’S BEST B.SCHOOL AWARD FOR LEADERSHIP TRAINING AND INNOVATION – FROM QUALITY ASSESSMENT ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN ASIA
- DEWANG MEHTA AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING SYSTEM
- IMPACT MARKETING AWARD FOR BEST BUSINESS COMMUNICATION TEACHING SYSTEM 2009
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – ACUMEN 2002 OF BUSINESS TODAY
- INNOVATIVE BUSINESS SCHOOL AWARD – BUSINESS SCHOOL AFFAIRE - 2010
|Dr. V. Raman Nair, Director, SCMS-COCHIN, receiving the innovative B.School award from Shri. Jigmi Y. Thinely, Prime Minister, Bhutan, at Taj Lands End, Mumbai on February 12, 2010. Shri K. U. Rao, CEO, DNA is seen at the centre.
|Prof. Pramod. P. Thevannoor, Director, SCMS Group receiving the Asia's Best B.School Award in a function held at Suntec Convention Centre, Singapore.
|| Dr. G. P. C. Nayar, our Chairman, receiving Management Leadership Award from Mr. T. K. A. Nair, Principal Secretary to The Honourable Prime Minister of India