Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1. Apply computer science theory blended with mathematics and engineering to model computing systems.
- PEO 2. Nurture strong understanding in logical, computing and analytical reasoning among students coupled with problem solving attitude that prepares them to productively engage in research and higher learning.
- PEO 3. Communicate effectively with team members, engage in applying technologies and lead teams in industry.
- PEO 4. Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
Computer Science and Engineering graduates will be able to:
- PSO 1:Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and computer science fundamentals to solve complex computational problems.
- PSO 2: Use modern tools to analyze,design and develop software solutions in the areas pertaining to system software, database, networking, web and mobile applications, information security, data analytics and machine learning.
- PSO 3: Employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms to create innovative career paths, pursue higher studies and entrepreneurship.